Allison (Ali) Flynn, Chief Technical Officer
Allison Flynn has 30 years experience working with private companies in the agricultural and plastic industries to solve environmental problems and create sustainable solutions.
She has helped create biodegradable agriculture film from non-biodegradable plastics, opened new markets for agriculture byproducts like almond hulls and mushroom compost that have given farmers more flexibility in reducing their carbon footprint.
She has studied remineralization of farm soils at the USDA and the University of Kentucky, the results of which have shown that mineral balance and organic content are key to a healthy soil and improved yields.
A graduate of the California Farm Academy, and co-owner of KickBack Farm in Rio Linda,
Allison is dedicated to soil biology and regenerative agriculture. Life is in the soil, and if we feed the soil,
we feed the life above ground.
In addition to work at ground level, she has worked with stakeholders to meet state and federal regulations,
registration of their products and scale-up from conception to customer trials.
Allison holds 5 US/World patents, and has products that have reached US and European markets.
- 2017, Graduate Farming School, California Farm Academy, Woodland, CA.
- M.S. 1994, Chemistry, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
- B.S. 1987, Biology, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
“Biomass Used As Value Added Fillers For Polylactic Acid” presented at the BioEnvironmental Polymer Society Meeting, Albany CA,
- “Use of Mineral Waste as a Value Added Agricultural Input” presented to management at Fortune 500 companies, June 2015 &
- “Considerations for PLA for Durable Goods” presented at the BioEnvironmental Polymer Society Meeting, Denton TX, September
- “High Heat Distortion PLA: New Markets, New Opportunities” presented to Nova Pack, Jacksonville FL, 2011
- “Lapol Technology-From concept to Product” presented to Robert L Fireovid, USDA BioEnergy National Program Leader, April
- “Hybrid Plasticizer for Biobased polymers and Polyolefins”
presented at the BioEnvironmental Polymer Society Meeting, Chicago IL,
- “A New Generation of Plasticizers for Biodegradable Polymer Resins”
presented at the BioEnvironmental Polymer Society Meeting,
Vancouver WA, 2007
- “Heat Stabilization of Biodegradable Plastics” presented to Society of Plastics Engineers, San Francisco, CA, 2002
- Chair, International Symposium for Vacuum Insulation, Rome Italy, 2001
- “State of the Art in Plastic Vacuum Insulation” presented to Air Liquide, Paris France, 2001
PATENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- WO2021242936A1: Biodegradable high performance absorbent polymers and method thereof
- US10435557: High heat deflection temperature polylactic acids with tunable flexibility and toughness
- US10323144: Biodegrable cardstock composition
- US9139689: Bioderived compatibilizer for biopolymers
- WO2010053908 A1: Biodegradable chewing gum bases and uses thereof
- US7842761 Bioderived plasticizer for biopolymers
- US6864194 Reinforced membranes for roofing and other applications
Steve Budiono, Chief Executive Officer
Steve Budiono is both President and Chief Executive Officer of the
company. He studied at the
University of Southern California in Business Administration and International Relations. He later
earned Business Leadership Management from the Wharton School of Business at the University of
Pennsylvania. With over 15 years of experience in the finance industry, Budiono is one of the
Co-founders of the Global Green Energy Solutions Corporation.